Ververica Platform 2.4.1¶
Release Date: 2021-03-31
- Fix an API regression that disallowed specifying a DeploymentTarget in DeploymentDefaults.
- Session Cluster deployments with HDFS Universal Blob Storage were not possible before this release. The required HDFS client configurations were not correctly forwarded, which led to failing Session Cluster deployments.
- The ordering of environment variables specified via Flink Pod Templates is now deterministic and follows the user-specified ordering. Prior to this release, it was possible that the ordering changed between Deployment restarts.
- Starting a deployment from a JAR file bundled into the docker image did not work, because the
usrlibdirectory was not writable.
- Autopilot now supports Apache Flink® 1.12. Due to changes in Flink’s REST API, Ververica Platform could not collect the metrics and hence not make scaling recommendations.
If you have not upgraded to a VVP 2.4.x release so far, please read this guide first.
We recommend upgrading via Helm using the following commands:
$ helm repo add ververica https://charts.ververica.com $ helm upgrade [RELEASE] ververica/ververica-platform --version 5.0.1 --values custom-values.yaml