Ververica Platform 2.4.1¶
Release Date: 2021-03-31
- Fix an API regression that disallowed specifying a DeploymentTarget in DeploymentDefaults.
- Session Cluster deployments with HDFS Universal Blob Storage were not possible before this release. The required HDFS client configurations were not correctly forwarded, which led to failing Session Cluster deployments.
- The ordering of environment variables specified via Flink Pod Templates is now deterministic and follows the user-specified ordering. Prior to this release, it was possible that the ordering changed between Deployment restarts.
- Starting a deployment from a JAR file bundled into the docker image did not work, because the
usrlibdirectory was not writable.
- Autopilot now supports Apache Flink® 1.12. Due to changes in Flink’s REST API, Ververica Platform could not collect the metrics and hence not make scaling recommendations.
- SQLite’s unique constraint errors were not correctly translated before this release. In rare cases, it could lead to an unrecoverable failure during the startup of Ververica Platform.
If you have not upgraded to a VVP 2.4.x release so far, please read this guide first.
We recommend upgrading via Helm using the following commands:
$ helm repo add ververica https://charts.ververica.com $ helm upgrade [RELEASE] ververica/ververica-platform --version 5.0.1 --values custom-values.yaml